COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD is committed to ensuring that personal information is protected and managed in accordance with Singapore laws, international good practice and individuals’ rights. We collect and use personal information in order to help us offer individuals appropriate information on our programmes and initiatives.
Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data.
COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD recognises that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD is committed to treat all personal data with due confidentiality, in accordance with the relevant data protection laws of Singapore. COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Collection, Usage and Disclosure of Personal Data
When asking for your personal information, COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD is committed to the following:
- explaining why we need personal information and only asking for the information we need
- protecting the information we are given and making sure that only those who need access are able to do so
- only sharing the information within COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD and with other organisations where such sharing is necessary or where we have the individual’s consent.
COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD collects your personal data in the following ways:
- When you subscribe to our newsletters
- When you participate in our marketing campaigns
- When you register for our events or programmes
- When you submit your resume for job applications
- When you contact us
- When you provide us with your name cards at events, campaigns and meetings
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD may use your information for the following purposes:
- To contact you for programmes which you have signed up for
- To inform you about programme updates
- To respond to enquiries pertaining to our programmes
- To respond to your job application
- To send newsletters or emails which you have subscribed to
By signing up for and/or attending our events/programmes, you agree that COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD and its associated partners to collect, use and disclose your photograph data which are obtained during the event, for marketing purposes in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We may disclose your data to third parties in order to facilitate our programmes and initiatives. We would work closely with such third parties, and adopt appropriate security measures in collaboration with them to ensure that your information remains secure and confidential.
COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD may disclose your information for the following purposes:
If you have signed up with COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD in our programmes, we may share your information with:
- Government agencies which require security clearance
- Partners assisting COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD with logistics and programme facilitation
We may also share information with government agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- have any question or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acknowledgement of Risks and Undertaking
By signing up for and/or attending COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD’s events and programmes, you understand and are aware that your participation in these events/programmes may involve certain amount of risks (including but not limited to sustaining personal injuries and/or loss of life should serious accidents occur).
You undertake to always cooperate fully with COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD and its co-organisers, partners and third-party service providers and to diligently comply with all safety and other instructions whenever you participate in any of our events/programmes. If you have any safety concerns whatsoever regarding such events/programmes, you shall inform the organiser(s) to have such concerns addressed prior to your participation.
You hereby irrevocably undertake that you shall not, to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of Singapore, hold COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD, its staffs, and/or any of its co-organizers, partners and third-party service providers responsible for any damage or loss of any personal property or personal injury or death that may arise while you are participating or as a result of your participation in any events/programmes organised by or on behalf of COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD or otherwise incurred in connection with or as a result of any such events/programmes.
COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD reserves the right to amend or adjust Terms and Conditions without prior notice. All information stipulated is correct at time of post/print and can be changed without prior notice. Both you and COMPASSLOFT PTE LTD agree that this contract is governed by Singapore law and both parties agree that all disputes are to be referred to arbitration.